Have you ever really stopped to listen to vehicle maintenance advice provided by professionals? You should! You may not be aware of it, but how you operate your vehicle could be damaging it. If you want to avoid a hefty auto repair or maintenance bill, you should be careful of how you actually operate your vehicle. Below is a list of five things that you need to stop doing if you want to protect the longevity of your vehicle.
- Paying no attention to your fluid levels. The following fluids are vital to the healthy operation of your vehicle: engine oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid, transmission oil and coolant. Always ensure that these are filled to the right levels.
- Ignoring new sounds. If your vehicle starts to make a new noise, squeak or screech that you are not familiar with, make sure that you get it checked out immediately. A small noise ignored now can become an expensive problem to fix later.
- Shifting into drive without stopping completely first. You can seriously damage your transmission if you shift from reverse back into drive without stopping. This movement can actually strip the gears and result in gearbox replacement or very expensive repairs.
- Ignoring ongoing maintenance. Your vehicle’s owner’s manual should advise you about what sort of maintenance schedule you should follow for your vehicle. Ignoring regular checkups could result in small repairs turning into hefty expenses.
- Driving fast through potholes. This might happen occasionally, but always keep your eyes open for potholes and avoid them. Driving through them can result in suspension, steering and even wheel damage.
Schedule Your Next Vehicle Maintenance Service at Aero Automotive in Woodstock, GA
At Aero Automotive in Woodstock, GA, we recommend that you schedule vehicle maintenance service with us to ensure that your vehicle is operating at its safest. Our experienced and qualified team of mechanics will also ensure that you are advised about how to properly operate your vehicle in order to avoid expensive or unnecessary repairs and maintenance in the future. For more vehicle maintenance tips and advice or to schedule service, contact us at Aero Automotive today.